
Greetings Lovies!! Now that I got all that crappy stuff removed from my blog, I can return to posting some pics. I am half-way through my 15th month of the lock process. My braid pattern is basically gone but I still have curly-Q's on the ends of my locks. They will close up eventually, I'm not worried or rushing the process.
M
y retights are done every 5 weeks without fail. If I don't do it that often, then I end up having to do a lot of popping and separating locks-which makes the whole retight process take a lot longer than it should. I had that happen right after Thanksgiving when I was sick for 3 weeks and couldn't retighten my hair on schedule. When I finally felt well enough to do it, it was a MESS!!Washing is a breeze. The trick for me is to get my scalp scrubbed clean. When you have hair that's relly thick and dense, like mine, you have to work hard on your scalp to make sure it's clean. I am
using a black soap that works really well for me.This pic is of my fresh washed locks.
I have definitely been delivered from being a product junkie. Why, because I finally figured out what works for me and what doesn't. I love my black soap shampoo, my water/rosemary spritz that I use regularly and my 100% pure aloe vera gel that I spread through my locks after a good washing.
Right now I am just focusing on letting them do what they do. They seem to be happy which makes me happy.

Peace Lovies!!!!!!

4 comments:
OMG! i'm trying. lord knows i am, but i think i may have loc envy...LOLOL. nah, just kidding. but i luv the look of ur locs. they look so perfect. great job sis!!
Thank you SIS!! Love Ya!
Looking good!!!***in a really bad Freddie Prinze voice***
Ype it really is great when you find out what works for your hair and that you don't have to have an buttload of stuff.
Ur locks look soooo good. It's true about every head of locs being as different as the person who wears them. I'm now 17 mos in my journey and my locs r still wild and crazy. I'm not complaining. I really love me locs. It just amazing how people can start locs around the same time and yet their locs look beautifully different.
Post a Comment