Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is Everybody Crazy?


I have been trying to come up with some logical reasons why Kanye, Serena and Joe Wilson all lost their minds last week.
Here's my top 10:
1. There was a full moon.
2. They were all on their periods
3. They all drank out of the same water bottle
4. They all had insomnia and spent the week watching repeats of "The Boondocks" in the middle of the night.
5. Lack of good meds?
6. Lack of the really good drugs!!
8. They all took Tylenol instead of Prozac.
9. They forgot?.............................................
10. They really are crazy!!

Seriously, let's vibe for a minute over these recent events.

First, a disrespectful congressman yells out YOU LIE at the President of the United States during his speech? Then, Serena totally lost it at a Tennis Match on national television, which is something I've never seen her do. To make matters worse, Kanye makes a complete jackass out of himself on the VMA's. Unfortunately this time, an inocent young lady got caught in his ignorant cross-fire. Don't get it twisted, his momentary rant had nothing to do with Beyonce or Taylor Swift, but it had everything to do with his own misgivings with the VMA's and award shows in general.

Your emotions are the one thing that you own that cannot be repossesed or stolen. They are yours FOREVER and no one can change that. However, it is not your inherited right to let your emotions injure, embarrass, harrass or belittle someone else. It is completely irresponsible for you to let whatever you feel come flying out of your mouth like projectile vomit.

So, if you think the president is a liar (which I DON'T) or you think that you have gotten a bad call or even that the majority of award shows are prejudiced, then fine. There are a lot of ways to handle a situation - yellin out threats and open derogatory comments or making your point at the expense of someone else is NOT COOL. I've heard some say that that Kanye was just "keepin' it real" and "he's always been that way so what do you expect". What do I expect? I expect a professional athlete to act like one, I expect people to respect the office of President whether you like the one occupying the office or not and I also expect for a young man to keep his Mama's legacy alive by acting like she actually taught him something.

Is that too much to ask for??

Peace Lovies!!

2 comments:

Blackess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anthia-ofo said...

ITA, self control is a virtue