OK..............This is concerning my youngest and his little locs. They are growing and growing and his retights were going well, until I switched gel and MAN OH MAN WHAT A MESS. After his July 4th retight, his locs looked GREAT. Then I noticed that his hair was looking 'dusty/dirty'
and they felt crunchy. So, I decided to wash and retighten them again. When I sat down to go through his locs and get a good look at them, I also noticed that he had about 3 inches of new growth - MAN THIS BOY 'S HAIR GROWS FAST and gel buildup!! So I knew I was going to have to make a drastic change in his overall routine, one that would allow frequent washing, no gel buildup and get his hair under control.
This weekend, I washed his hair with a very strong shampoo, conditioned it with jojoba oil in my favorite conditioner - spritzed it generously with my Rosemary oil/water mix and did the retightening using the interloc method. Because he's much more active now, I will have to wash his hair more frequently, so my gel and twist method is OVER for him. I have to say, it took almost 4 hours to retighten his hair because he had so much of it that needed to be tightened. So, here he is, no more dusty locs. LOL!!


P.S. That gel went into the TRASH!!
Peace Lovies!!

2 comments:
You are right they are growing like weeds indeed. They look so beautiful too. I won't even get into the gels. Screw the gels lol.
You are so right!!! I have definitely learned my lesson with that. THANK GOD, I caught it before it damaged his little precious locs. Peace Lovie!!
Post a Comment