Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary


OK. OK. I know it's only been a month, but I just couldn't help it. LOL!! My braidlocs are 1 month old and they are holding up pretty well. I've only had to rebraid 2 of them and I have survived 1 washing of them thus far. I plan to wash them again tonight (after dance practice - they will really need it by then, TRUST ME trust me on that). I have blocked out time on my calendar for my re-twist. Even though I am doing this myself, I know that I must 'plan' the time, or I will get busy and won't do it right. You HAVE to really, really know yo-self to take this journey.
Our new president has really inspired me to step up and make changes in my own life. Change is an on-going process, but it takes dedication - just like stepping into the world of LOCS. So, I pledge to BE the CHANGE and I hope you will join in on the journey of CHANGE with me.
Peace Lovies!!

4 comments:

PhePhi said...

Hey there. I totally understand what you mean. The retigtening process is serious & needs your complete focus. I, too, am inspired by Barack Obama's message about "Change!" That is what got me motivated & will keep me so...

Anonymous said...

Your Braidlocs are looking nice and thick! Congrats!

z said...

Congrats on reaching 1 month. Your BL's looks so pretty!

Unknown said...

Congrats on making it to one month, your locks are beautiful. I too have made it to one month with my braidlocks.