
But, I got a couple shout outs about my hair that I wanted to share.
I work at a small restaurant in a predominantly white area. The other day, some ladies were seated in my area and when I approached their table, one of them said "Oh look guys, we got the waitress with the REALLY COOL HAIR. I didn't know what to think, was this a compliment or a quip?? But before I could even think or react she continued with "While we were waiting, you walked passed us and we talked about how cool your hair is. I've never seen anything like it, it's absolutely amazing". Then they left me a $15 tip. Not bad.....
This morning, I was in the store and I got stopped by a woman who wanted to know if I had sisterlocs. I told her "no" and went on to explain that I did them myself, they were braidlocs, blah, blah, blah. I was really flattered by the compliment especially being compared to those who spend a great deal of time and money perfecting their sisterloc skills.
Peace Lovies!!

5 comments:
congratulations! I just read your story over locked exchange blog!
Same here...I've just started mine and for the longest time, i was afraid i might miss my loose hair and will have to cut off everything..
well, i am not afraid of a second big chop...but i am loving every single minute of my babies locks..
yours are sooo pretty! i can't wait to see how they evolve :)
GO on girl with yo bad self!!! Good job and looking good!!!
Big UP for handling your business and hookin up your own locks. I love what you said about facing the fears that are not God given.
Afrolady, We were all afraid. crossing over from the fantasy(perm) to real(natural) life, is not easy! It takes a strong woman to take the plunge to go natural. It takes a stronger one to live through the early stages of a loc journey! I have learned so much about my self and have conquered so many hurdles. With love, support of your loc family, you will too!
Many blessings!
AfroLady...
Greetings! So glad to have run across your blog. I've posted on every Youtube/group/blogspot/website that I could find in search of some info...LockitUp snubbed me and wouldn't even print my post..how silly is that?
Anyway, I like you don't believe in paying for something I can do myself. I just did the BIG CHOP a month ago---cut off my mid-back lenght dreadlocks--to make way for a new journey, in a new year.
I now have about 1-1.5 inches of all-natural-Fro and am anxious to get started on my new "imitation sisterlocks. I had 137 dreads on my head..very small as my hair is really thin and fine. Ordered my NappyLoc tool (micro) last week and can't wait to start using it.
As for the Big Chop..I had no reservations about cutting my hair down to the new growth, but miss the feeling of having locks on my head. So here's my question:
How short is too short to start a new set of "sisterlocks"? I read on the SL site, that you can start it with 1.5 inches, but I think that ONLY applies if you have had chemicals in your hair, and have 1.5 of new growth at the roots.
My hair is too short to backcomb or EVEN twist up really, but if you have any suggestions on how I can start my new set with this length---PLEASE SHARE!
As I've said, NO ONE, ANYWHERE has answered my question on this and I SINCERELY, TRULY HOPE that you would be kind enough to give a sista a bit of advice.
Thanks in Advance. Many Blessings to you in this New Year!
PS: my profile pic is what I used to look like with the dreads...haven't had time to get the new ones posted yet showing the BIG CHOP. but will definitely have to start my own blog...AFTER FINALS!!!!
Post a Comment