Sunday, August 19, 2012

I LOVE REAL PEOPLE!!

Most of you know that I love people who know how to keep it real.  Nothing irritates me more than a fake-a** negro who is existing in their own little world taking NO responsibility for their own actions, blaming everyone else for their failures, bad habits, mistakes and challenges.

We all get knocked off course from time to time - we all do some stupid crap, but the trick really is to control what you can, police your own thoughts and actions and learn to deal with the MESS that gets thrown your way and CHECK a negro when necessary!!

Last night, I took a call from someone, reluctantly - because I knew what the call would consist of BEFORE I answered it.  We all go through a tough time when our children get older and start leaving the nest to take on their own journey.  We worry, will they make the right decisions, do what they are supposed to do, or will they get out their and act like they have NEVER had any home trainin' and run around acting a FOOL.  So, as I moved my 3rd child into her senior year at college today, I had NO worries because she has done very well, thus far, and she knows everything she needs to know about putting a negro in CHECK whenever it is necessary - I have taught her WELL.  I just have to give her the second part of the lesson so she knows that sometimes it's better to just let a negro be Ignorant.

Anyhoo, back to last night's call:  So, while enjoying an evening dinner with our son and daughter-in-law who drove up to spend time with us, my cell phone rings.......when I see who it is, I take several deep breaths before answering...........I answer the phone and I hear crying, hollering and sniffling on the other end and completely inaudible talking.  I immediately hand the phone to my husband because I have absolutely NO tolerance for foolishness at this stage of my life.  Hubby tries to calm down the ignorance taking place - quickly gives up and hands the phone back to me.  Now, you would think that this mother on the other end was crying over a son who had just died.  Actually, she was screaming, hollering and and snotting into the phone because she had just moved her 18 year old son into his dorm room earlier that day (instert eyeroll here!).

Now, I am by no means insensitive......and I remember crying all the way home when we dropped off our 2nd son at school (I don't know what it is about that boy leaving that upsets me so badly - but I digress). I was in a little bit of a rut that night because I was leaving my baby in some weird place wondering if he would really be able to handle himself.  So, on our ride back home, I drowned my sorrows in a McDonalds Strawberry Milkshake.....but again, I digress.....back to the phone call last night:

Unfortunately, what I was hearing on this phone call was not a young mother who was upset because she's going to miss her first born, what I was witnessing was a grown-ass woman needing some attention and pitching a hissy-fit to get it!!  So, I firmly reminded her that she still had 4 other children at home who needed her attention, love, support, etc.  Did I mention that two of them are WAY to young to understand the nonsense they were witnessing out of their mother.  Needless to say, I have not heard from her since our phone call last night - which is fine because I don't hear from her that much anyway anymore.

We all have different kinds of friends...........some of them are the ride or die type like my Sistah/Girl Valerie who has seen my good and bad  and knows how to pour me a drink while listening to my ranting CRAZINESS and then send my stupid ass home.  Or my boy Michael, who knows me inside and out and can tell you how I will react to any situation before I can.  Michael and I live 4.5 hours away from each other but our 42 year friendship is as strong as ever - if I call him, he's by my side before I can hang the phone up......at least that's how it seems.  Then there are the ones who DRAIN your goodness - if you let them, they only contact you when things are not going their way - you never seem to hear from them when things are going well for them..........those are the ones you have to keep a perspective on - love them from a distance, send all the positive vibes and prayers their way as you can while being careful of getting drawn into their foolishness.  

If you are lucky like me.......you have new friends who send you this kind of message on FB:  "Get of your gracefully aging ass and get back to your writing".  This post is for you Okiri and I meant it when I    replied that I can't stand your beautiful African Ass!!!!

My life is good and I pray yours is too!!  Peace Lovies!!!

Afrolady!


No comments: