

My practice of caring for my locks remains the same.......LESS IS MORE!! Because I am dancing and exercising more, I found that I MUST wash my hair more frequently or else my scalp will get NASTY!! (had that happen once - it wasn't pretty). I also know that WATER IS MY FRIEND - both inside my body and directly on my hair.
So, here is my update pics. On the left is the day after I finished installing my braidlocks (December 19, 2008) and on the right is the pic I took TODAY (March 11, 2011).
Not too bad if I do say so myself!!

I still get asked if they are Sisterlocks and I very quickly say "NO". I think Sisterlocks are wonderfully beautiful and I do appreciate my homade DO being compared to the work of trained professionals - but I also take pride in the amount of time, patience, attention and TLC I give my own hair. So, thank you for taking the time to read my little "PAT-ON-THE-BACK" post.


3 comments:
Beautiful progress Sis! Hey I clicked on your website and I'm getting the message that the site has been disabled.
Great job well done, your locks look really healthy with lots of growth. How do you retighten them?
@ Kittylocks: I use the interlock method with a tool I made myself out of Beadwire. I couldn't imagine paying $15 for a doo-hickey that I could make myself. LOL!! I do a basic 4 point rotation and I make sure I re-tighten them every 5 weeks. I learned how to do it by watching MsFullroller's videos.
Post a Comment