It's summer time and I absolutely LOVE hot weather!!! I wanted to take a few moments to talk Spritz. I have heard that you should spritz your hair in the early stages of locking because it will slow down the loc process and/or make your hair come loose. Well, I have found that spritzing is the best thing I can do for my hair. I don't have any issues with itchy scalp or dandruff. I know that everyone's hair is different, so I can only talk about what works for ME. My hair LOVES the water and reacts very well to the daily spritz routine.
My spritz contains distilled water, aloe vera gel, almond oil, jojoba oil and a precious few drops of rosemary oil. I can't stress enough that you have to be careful with the rosemary oil - rosemary increases blood flow. If you are prone to high blood pressure, PLEASE do not use the rosemary at all. On the day that I had my biopsy, my blood pressure was a little high - I forgot about the rosemary oil in my spritz and spritzed my hair, as usual, before I went in for my procedure. Also, because I have rosemary in my spritz, I do not use it before I exercize or go to dance practice.
I have also found that it is absolutely necessary that you take in the appropriate amount of
water each day. I hear people say "I don't like water" - well all I can say to that is, it doesn't matter if you like water or not, your body NEEDS it. I drink 64 ounces of water each day without fail, it is good for your body, your skin and your hair. Those of you who may be having problems with itchy scalp or dry hair, before you go spend money on another product, check your water intake, if you are drinking less than 8, 8oz glasses of water, then you are not giving your body what it needs. Most of us don't realize that some of the problems we are having with our hair can easily be corrected with the right combinations of water, vitamins, herbs and eating the right things. Before I went natural, my hair was a HOT MESS. I was stressed, vitamin defficent and not eating properly. Once I corrected those things, I saw an immediate turn around with my skin, nails and hair. Being lock'd has it's own set of responsibilities just like any other lifestyle. While we are at different stages of our journeys, let us not forget to take care of ourselves and love ourselves from the inside out. Growth does not start at the skin, it starts beneath the skin and that's where we have to start feeding our hair, beneath the skin with the proper amount of water and nutrients.
Peace Lovies!!

6 comments:
AMEN!!!
Your post on spritzing your hair inspired mine.
I second that ! Girl, you are going to have the most lovely locs! I love the texture of your hair!
that is soooo true! i spritz my hair EVERY SINGLE DAY & my hair doesn't unravel. your hair looks great. keep doing whatcha doing!!
Do your thing lady, your locks are locking bomb!
YOur babies are gorgeous! You go girl!
Post a Comment