Now that I have a new camera, I don't have to continue to terrorize any of you with those horrible pictures from my cell phone. HA HA HA!! I am about 2 weeks shy of my 4 month anniversary and let me tell you, I have been having a BALL with my hair. I have stuck to a good schedule of retightenings - I don't know how long they take because I always do them over a period of 3 or 4 days. Because I have almost 440 locs, it takes a while to get the retights done and I'm definitely not trying to rush.
What is my hair doing?
1. My locs have started to shrink up - I've read on some other blods that it's normal as they start to loc. I don't have a lot of stretchy-ness to them any more so I'm just letting them do their thing.
2. Washing them is very easy because I have NO gel or anything on them. Because I'm a liturgical dancer, I have to wash my hair about twice weekly and I thought it would be a problem but it's not.
3. During my last retightening a couple weeks ago, I noticed that I had a loc with a huge knot in it. So, it took about 30 minutes, but I got it picked apart and re-braided......it freaked me out because I didn't know HOW that happened.
I hadn't really discussed locking my hair with my husband because I had mentioned it about a year ago and he was very against it. Well, through this process I figured I would tackle the discussion when it came up. Well, that day came last Friday........a woman he worked with commented about my hair and asked if I was locking it, whe he asked me, I definitely wasn't going to lie. So, I told him and he jokingly said, "You know that's grounds for divorce right?" We had a good laugh off of it and all is well. He'll get used to it over time.
I have continued to spritz my hair daily with my mixture of rosemary oil and water. These midwestern winters are murder on our hair - I'm glad spring is here, finally because my hair LOVES the dampness that comes with this time of year.Time to try the new Black Pearl Herbal Tea that my hubby bought for me this weekend.
Peace Lovies!!

7 comments:
And your locs are looking great too.
You are doing such a great job with your locs. Keep up the good work. I love your enthusiasms and they are awesome looking.
Thanks ladies or the lovely feedback.
Happy 3 Months. Your locks are progressing nicely, they look beautiful!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Take Care
Your locs are transforming! They are coming along beautifully!
It could be that they are shrinking or that your hair is very elastic. Your locks are looking gorgeous I must say either way. ;)
Thank you all for your wonderful compliments. I have some more pics to post soon. I am at the stage of trying new styles now.
Post a Comment