Monday, November 24, 2008

Welcome to the Upper Room


Greetings and welcome to the Upper Room, my own little sanctuary where the insence is burning, the candles are lit, India.Arie is playing softly in the background and the raspberry herbal tea is flowing.

What’s the topic for today?? Whatever our mood takes us, natural hair care, health, wholistic living, children, marriage, nutrition, you name it and I will blog about it sooner or later.

Who am I? Afrolady: A 44 years old, wife, mother of 4, a woman with an afro, the lady with the twisties, the African queen, afro diva, herbal tea drinker, green smoothie drinker, vegetarian, animal lover, religious fanatic, singer, psalmist, spiritualist, middle-aged liturgical dancer, chocolate, meanie, old lady, passionate, emotional, crazy and a B on wheels. It doesn’t matter what you call me because I’ve heard it all – and they are all facets of the many, many sides and layers of ME.

No matter what you call me, know for sure that I love life and plan to experience it for as long as possible. The purpose of this blog – is my little way of helping you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. I am having a ball, watching my children grow up and stepping into their own true selves – sending them out into their lives while resting in the knowledge that their father and I have taught them what we can and the rest is totally up to them. Being middle aged means that I get to hear the chuckles and giggles of our youth and young adults who think they know it all while being simultaneously serenaded by the hearty laughter of my elders as they rest in the wisdom that their years have purchased.

Come on in the room – take a seat. Enjoy the chamomile tea and fresh fruit of the earth and spirit.

No comments: